Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Soooo Grateful!!
I am feeling so grateful right now!! I wanted to blog about this so I can look back at this post one day and realize how blessed I am ! On Wednesdays my family gets together and does lunch at my parents house! We call this " family lunch" my parents and three siblings and their families all live within about 15 min driving from one another, so we get together pretty often! There is 21 of us altogether. Well today I decided that Britton and I would go early to lunch and swim at my parents pool. My mom is a genius and bought this life vest for britton that he puts his arms through these little cuffs and then there is circular life vest wrapped around his body, anyway its made so they can swim freely and they dont really realize that they are wearing anything. Britton loves it and can last pretty much all day in a pool and I just have to keep an eye on him while he swims with this vest on. Well today when people were getting there for lunch time I got really thirsty and went inside for probably 90 seconds to tell Jake to bring me a cup of water outside so that I could stay out there and keep an eye on Britton. Britton no longer had his vest on at that point, but there were plenty of people outside including adults that i felt confident to leave for just a second. Well when I was shutting the door to come back outside I just got this sick feeling, I immediately started scanning my eyes across the pool looking for Britton. Sure enough about a foot underwater I see these two little legs kicking as hard as they can and two little arms struggling to swim. I ran and pushed some kids out of the way and jumped in the pool. I felt like I couldnt get to him fast enough. I picked him up and out of the water and he spit what seemed like a fountain of water out. He cried and looked so scared, it was probably the worst feeling I have ever had in my life. I am so grateful that he is ok . On the drive home from my parents I was talking to him about what had happened and how scary that made mommy that he had gone into the pool without her or his life vest. I said, " Britton that made mommy so scared ," and Britton said, " I scared too mommy ". Then we said a prayer of gratitude together in the car while I bawled my eyes out realizing what could have happened in just a few short seconds. I am so grateful that he is ok. Britton is so important to me and I dont know what I would do without him!!! So... please be so so so so careful with your kids at the pool. some of the worst stories with the worst outcomes that I have ever heard involve young kids at a family gathering at someones pool. Be safe and enjoy every moment with your cute kiddos :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness! Michelle, I can't even imagine. I'm so happy that you got to him and that he is okay. Hope the pregnancy is going well. Congrats on being a stay at home mama too! :) It's the best!
Oh my goodness Michelle! How scary! I am SO grateful he was ok. Britton is such a sweet little angel. I just love him.
Post a Comment